Friday 12 August 2011

Chapter Sixty → I'm reaching up towards the heavens but I'm holding onto hell, see facing her in heaven would be far worse than the devil himself


By the time Liberty got home from the park where she had been with Loretta, it was already very late. She hurried upstairs without a word to her parents as Tyrone watched Tommy pound away at his piano, the man had not moved from his spot behind the instrument all day. "We need to talk." Tyrone said to the other man's back.

"I don't want to talk." Tommy said sullenly as he continued to play, attempting to use Jazz music to drown out the conversation that he knew was coming.

"I'm sorry, did you hear me say 'your highness, would you do me the pleasure of speaking to me'?" Tyrone asked, hand on hip. "We need to talk, now."


Tommy sighed, hunching over his piano as he heard Tyrone move through the living room to sit, the soft sound his jeans made as he crossed his legs. It was such a gentle noise Tommy shouldn't have been able to hear it, but as it usually was with Tyrone, it was like everything was heightened. He could always hear him, feel him, pick up his scent from miles away. Tommy liked to pretend it was because of how head over heals he was for the other man, but he knew the truth, it was the little bit in him that was still a vampire, and he hated it.

"You didn't handle Liberty the best today." Tyrone said, resting one hand on the sofa he was sitting on, leaning on it slightly. He could always sit in such feminine ways and make it look easy, in tight jeans even, Tommy never understood how he could do that and still be comfortable. 

With a little defeated sigh, Tommy gave up on his music and got up, going over to flop on the adjacent sofa, leaning back on the arm. "No, i didn't." He admitted.


"Well, that's a start." Tyrone said, meaning the other man's admittance.  "Anything else?"

"Like what?" 

"Like perhaps you shouldn't have lumped all vampires into the same grouping as Darryl and his coven?" Tyrone offered, only to see Tommy roll his eyes. "Don't roll your eyes, you know you shouldn't have. You're not that small minded Tommy, i know you aren't. You weren't like him, were you?"

"I never had a chance to be." Tommy said gruffly.

"Okay fine, what about Gloria?" Tyrone asked of his step mother, the other man relenting slightly with a little shake of his head.


"You know she wasn't like him." Tyrone continued, his voice the only sound in the large room as night fell completely over the house. There was no sounds from above or below, it was like they were in a bubble, there wasn't even a ticking of a clock, not in this digital age. "And i know you wouldn't have been like him, one bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch." Tommy just swallowed thickly, not saying anything. "I think your own hatred, as righteous as it may be, is clouding your judgement. She's in love." He said, meaning Liberty. "You must remember what that's like." Tyrone smiled.

"That's insinuating i'm not still." Tommy said, speaking finally.

Tyrone smiled brightly, getting up from where he was and moving to sit on the sofa that Tommy was on, the man shifting his weight as Tyrone flopped back against him. "I know you are." He said as Tommy threaded their fingers together.

"Good."


"And just so you know." Tyrone said after a moment of comfortable silence. "Had the cure not worked, i still would have been here. We were in it for the long run, you and I."

Tommy just nodded, not saying anything, although right then it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders, his mind. Seemed that had always been a fear, pushing at the back of his thoughts. Had it been different, had he still been a vampire, would Tyrone have stayed? Seems he would have, and that knowledge alone made Tommy feel lighter.


The next morning, before anyone was awake, Liberty was already out of the house, zipping away on her scooter, really one of these days she'd get a damn car.


Most teenage girls spend their Saturday mornings in the mall or at the theater, Liberty, she spent her Saturday morning at the junk yard.


But there was art to be had, mostly because she was still very upset from the day before and burying her feelings in her art was her way of dealing.


She was just putting the finishing touches on a chair of all things, when Puzzle walked into her studio in his swim trunks, slightly damp, obviously having just come in from the pool. "Don't drip on the paintings." Was all Liberty said.

"I won't." Puzzle assured. "Listen, Libby, can we talk?" He asked.


"Sure." Was all Liberty said, looking off to the side, her eyes sad. That was one thing Puzzle loved about her, that even though her eyes were as black as oil they were still the most expressive eyes he'd ever seen. If anything, had she had normal eyes, it would have taken away from her expressiveness. "Listen, about yesterday...." He started out awkwardly.


"I didn't mean, i mean, i didn't wanna get you in trouble. I was jealous and sorta snapped out and i didn't mean too. I didn't know your dad would freak out like that, i don't even mind vampires all the much. I mean, what right do i have? I'm a reincarnated soul that was stuck inside of a child's toy, at least vampires weren't handed around to various babies in daycares like a teletubby shaped crack pipe from hell."

Liberty cracked a slight smile, chuckling, which in turn got Puzzle to relax a bit, smiling himself.


"All i mean, is i'm sorry, okay?" He said honestly. "Friends?"


"Friends." Liberty agreed, pulling the boy into a friendly hug.


Later that night, after a long day playing in the pool with her brother and Puzzle, Liberty was surprised to see her father walk into her bedroom while she was looking for her night clothes. "Can we talk?" Tommy asked, Liberty was really getting tired of that sentence.


The girl turned to face her father as the man looked off to the side, surveying the bright room. "What is it daddy?" She asked.


"I wanted to apologize about me flipping out yesterday, i shouldn't have blown up the way i did."

"Okay." Liberty said with a little nod.

"And i realize i shouldn't have said the things about your girlfriend that i did."


"It hurt." Liberty said plainly.

"I know, i shouldn't have said those things, but it was a shock and vampires and i have a sort of history..."

"I know." The teen cut in.

"You know?"


"Loretta told me about grandma and the cure, all vampires know the story apparently." Liberty said. "What i don't understand is why you didn't tell me? I'm old enough, i could handle it, you know i could handle it."

"It wasn't about if you could handle it, it was about if i could handle it."

"What do you mean?"

"Vampires, they're my biggest fear. What they are, what they do, what could happen if you get involved with one." Tommy said.

"I can take care of myself dad, i'm not a baby."


"I know." Tommy said with a gentle smile

"Please dad, please trust me that i know what i'm doing."

"I do." Tommy said with a nod. "I do." And maybe, one day, he's believe that he did.


Chapter Notes:

Not a long update i know, i considered posting more, but my meds make me drowsy and considering how many i take, be glad i managed to keep my eyes open to post this much lol. The teens ended up getting another prom like the day after i posted the last chapter, so yay, i got to do that. That will happen next update, as will Liberty aging up, marking the start of the 6th generation. Not to spoil anything, but i'm extremely happy with how Liberty and Loretta aged up, amazing. But then again, it's no secret how happy i've been with those two. I'll be posting another batch of character for download as well, including Tommy and Tyrone, so keep an eye out for that.

6 comments:

  1. I know you're not feeling well, but maybe when you're feeling a bit better, you could edit it a bit more. The uncapitalized I's are driving me nuts! Good chapter otherwise, I just love Liberty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how Liberty turns out as an adult, I absolutely love her

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ebec Well, i'm not going to be feeling better, ever really, it's a side effect of being terminal. After 60 chapters i'd think you'd be use to the various mess ups in the posting, i've stated plainly both on the MTS form and on the side of the blog about my brain tumor and how it messes up my speech and writing. I do my best, but it won't always be up to par with others. If it really bothers you that much, i'd suggest skipping my blog from this point on because i doubt it will ever change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say I really enjoy your legacy & look forward to the updates. Your very good at making each generation have it's own story while keeping it as a whole. It is by far one of the best sims3 bases stories out there IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see Liberty all grown up! And I echo KQ's statement about your ability to make each generation have it's own feel and style. Something I'm definitely struggling with - so kudos to you on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw... I love Liberty so much. And I'm glad that Puzzle and Tommy could admit fault and apologize to her. Also, that picture of Liberty and Puzzle hugging is so cute!

    ReplyDelete