Thursday 30 June 2011

Chapter Twenty → Do you know that there's still a chance for you, 'cause there's a spark in you

It wasn't easy after Cherie died, Kinsley having to sleep in her bed alone, her wife's Urn keeping watch. Zane had wanted to bury the woman properly, but Kinsley couldn't do such a thing, not yet. So he didn't push the subject, just allowing his mother to mourn as she wished.


Michael wasn't much better, the little boy not dealing well with his grandmother's death.


"Umm, what's with the outfit?" Zane asked his wife one morning as they got ready for work.


"I have to look 'professional' and nothing fits anymore." She said, making a little face. Cora had accidentally gotten pregnant when she and Zane had forgotten the protection during one of their early morning shags, but since Cherie's death, the woman didn't want to let on about the pregnancy to Kinsley just yet.

"Those stockings, are, um..."


"Terrible, i know, shut up." She said to her husband, the man just nodding with a little smile on his face.


"Smart man." She said as hugged him. "By the way."

"Hmm?"

"I hate the lamp."

"Be nice to my Dalek." Zane chuckled.


Eventually it became too obvious to hide, and one quiet night, amidst the reading, tinkering, imagination play and television watching Cora went into labor.


The next morning Cora and Zane brought home the newest addition to the family, Noah.


Of course there were more important things to do than to worry about a new baby, specially if this one didn't come with a 'slayer' mode just like the last one didn't. (omg ghost tree!)


Like trying to bite the heads off every dolly in the house, they looked so much better as extra's from Dawn of the Dead.


There was also school to worry about, which was never fun, for anyone. At least Michael had on a clean shirt, although he wasn't happy about it. Why did he bother going through so much trouble to make 'em dirty if Cora was just gonna wash all his work away!?


There was also welcoming the new neighbors to the block. "I can't help but notice you're blue."

"I've wings too."

"I noticed that as well, are they real?"

"Yep."

"Oh.... coffee?"


Too soon it was Tamara's birthday, the first thing she realized upon aging up was that he father's lab coat was horrible!


Noah just wanted to know what the hell was hanging over his forehead. Hair? Oh, that was new.


Tamara quickly found the sandbox.


While Michael found... OH SWEET JESUS WHAT IS THAT!!? Oh, it's a ladybug, okay, it's huge, but okay.


Next birthday was Zane's, but after that everything was quickly going to fall back into their normal routine.... right?


Right?


*sigh*


Chapter Notes:

I know the last few pictures sort of fell out of both story telling and proper story narration and went more towards me comment on them, but i was having a moment, call me fickle lol. Isn't Tamara a beauty? I love her, i'm so glad she's my heir. Noah, who i'm now calling 'oopise', is adorable, i love that they always cross their eyes after aging up, it's too funny. Zane started a midlife crisis the second he aged up, anyone who read chapter eighteen knows the issues i had with one of his wishes, grrr, next midlife crisis i get, i'm paying for it to be cured, i don't care how much it is, cause they're annoying!

Anyway, Noah's traits are Excitable and Athletic.

Also, chapter twenty, woot! I'm weird, i know :D

7 comments:

  1. I'm really loving following their stories. I was wondering when the founding generation was going to go. Poor Kinsley. I know, I know, too emotionally vested into fictional characters, lol. It's a problem. I only got a few wishes for Lacey when she had a midlife crisis in that game, which was move, so they did, but I refused her other two cause they involved divorcing Owen and I was like....uhhhhh no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Zane got that wish too. To divorce Cora, flirt with someone else and to move. Three things that i would not allow, the first two because i like Cora and he had already had his 'second chance' and the last one cause it's against the rules, can't move until i roll a 'change of scenery' which i did for Gen 3, already looking for houses, i hate change :( But you know that lol.

    I gotta admit, i'm surprised you played a game with Lacey and Owen where they weren't vampires or at least the aging was turned on so they could age to full adults, vampires or not lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have before, and I decided after playing around with my legacy family, it's more fun to play it generational style, with multiple generations and not just one that spits out enough kids to populate the town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is your generation family going? I know you haven't updated the blog since chapter two, ya give up on it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just on the blogging part, at least with pictures...I suck at pictures. My second gen is about to start, he's about to age up from teen to YA. Still going pretty good. Just felt like playing my favorite couple lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, you suck at pictures where I carefully stage pictures, ying and yang you and I are, I swear. I have to admit, I was surprised that you didn't make Lacey or Owen as your challenge person lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One, I've done them, a lot. I wanted to do someone completely original. Plus with the Challenge, it was more out of my control than I normally like and not something I really considered with them. Almost thought about doing Gwen or even Martha, but chose to go completely original.

    ReplyDelete