Monday 4 July 2011

Chapter Twenty-Five → You are the best thing that's ever been mine

The following weeks were a kind of torture on Tamara's mind, what kind of person would be so against her son being with someone like her? Was it really because she wasn't a fay, or was it something else. Sure, her family was a bit odd......


What with my father being a mad scientist.


Her older brother being slightly insane, walking around barely dressed. She was sure his newly dyed hair, that he had done in a fit of teenaged rebellion, didn't help her case at all.


Was it their penchant for sparing at 6am over waffles?


Hell, was it because they had a bio-mechanical engineered fish named Bob!?


Oh god, it was the undead living dolls that lived in their house wasn't it!? It was, it had to be.


Tamara had worked herself into such a neurotic worrisome fit, that she didn't even notice that she had wandered downtown, or more so, that Jarvis was trying to talk to her. "Hey, Tee, what's wrong? You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"You hate me don't you? It's not your mom, she's just your cover. It's you, isn't it? But it's my fault, it's because of my weird family, with their weirdness that's surely rubbed off on me. It's them, you hate them, and you hate our fish and you hate our gnomes!" She was ranting.

"I hate your fish?"

"It's Bob's fault!"

"You named your fish Bob?"

"Shut up!" Tamara looked on the verge of tears, incomprehensible tears, but tears none the less.


"Shhh." Jarvis shushed, pulling the upset girl into a hug. "I don't hate you, i promise. I love you, and your family." He paused before adding as an afterthought. "And Bob."

Tamara chuckled, sniffling slightly. "Sorry, i was having a moment." She said, resting her head against his shoulder.

"I could tell." Jarvis smirked before pulling back slightly. "And you know what, i don't care what my mother says. I don't care what she says about me or you, cause you and me, we're the best and always have been. And we're gonna blow 'em away at prom."

"Prom?" 

"Yeah, it's sort of a dance slash mating ritual for teenagers, or so i've been told." Jarvis smiled gently.

"So this is you asking me to prom?" Tamara clarified.

"Yeah, and i'm kinda hoping this is you saying yes."


The girl just smiled before leaning in a placing a chaste kiss on the boy's lips. "So that's what? I'll think about it?" He teased, getting a playful slap on the arm from Tamara.


The week following Tamara's conversation with Jarvis left the girl much calmer.


Although Micheal's insistence that he could tame an invisible snake didn't help with the 'calm' feeling, mostly cause he was horrid at the instrument that was needed to charm said invisible snake.


It was Michael and his constant snake related squawking that usually ran Tamara out of the house, the girl hanging out at the empty school playground.


She would think and play and sometimes even catch butterflies, of course, that night also happened to be Noah and Boinky's birthdays, so she couldn't stay gone for long.


Noah thought the aging up sparkles gave him a fabulous flare.


Although he did point out that he had flare enough, being fabulous from birth meant he was always flare-tastic.


Boinky wasn't as sure about the sparkles, with a name like his, sparkles was the last thing he needed.


Luckily they didn't last long, which the boy was happy about. The first think on his mind was school and work and driving, the boy was quite the workaholic which was funny since he really really hated any and all technology. Noah on the other hand, well, he needed a date for prom, sure he was a freshman and hadn't even attended his first day of school yet, but he wasn't about to let something like prom go past without at least attempting to take part in it. 


So Noah ran across the street to his neighbor's house, his grandmother had made friends with the fay family when they arrived in town and besides having all the same classes as the couple's eldest son, Noah also knew he was one of the only cute out of the closet boys in town. The emphasis being on cute, really, their were quite a few others but, Noah wasn't that desperate, yet. "So, i was thinking. I know it's short notice, but you, me, prom? I bet we could turn some heads if we really tried." Noah smirked.


"You really think you can handle going to the prom with a fairy?" Nicholas asked, knowing even though there were a few fare folk in town, his family were the only who's bloodline was still pure enough to have wings.


"Funny, i was about to ask you the same thing." Noah smirked in a flirty way, he had no qualms with his sexuality and could easily poke fun at himself.


"Oh, i think i can handle it." Nicholas flirted back with a little lopsided smirk.


With an arch of an eyebrow, Noah leaned in a kissed the other boy quickly before waving a quick goodbye, it was after curfew and he didn't want his parents to get mad. "See you at school." He called behind him as he headed out the door.

"Oh you bet you will." Nicholas called after him in a slightly naughty fashion.



Chapter Notes:

Whee! Noah and Boinky grew up so cute, and no, i am never changing Boinky's name lol. Noah's personality is loosely based on my older brother's, who is very fabulous, really, just ask him lol. Nicholas is thanks to SP once again, i love that thing. I once made a fantastical Pyramus and Thisby couple with shining skin and wings and crazy hair, the whole nine yards, never really played them but they were in my bin and well, SP stuck 'em in the town. They have four kids now, Nicholas is their oldest. They don't have a last name, it's literally listed as 'Fairy' because again, i was never planing on playing them lol. I thought with Tamara and Jarvis having such issues with the race line between fay and human, it would be nice to have a mirrored relationship with even less "normal" circumstances but where no one gave a damn. So a bright blue winged boy with three toned hair dating another boy seemed as far from textbook "normal" as you could possible get, besides, he's so adorable.

Boinky's teen trait is workaholic and Noah's is flirty, they're too funny together cause they're so different from one another, like day and night, really. 


BLOOPER PIC!
I think i saw a Korean horror movie like this one time. Yes that is the child's hair and yes it did in fact move with her head, creepy!

10 comments:

  1. That happened in my game too!!! It was so weird, one of the kids was over at a friend's house, went to check on them, saw that, and had my little sim girl split, really fast lol. Loving this story...Is it weird that when I look at Noah now the first thing I thought was...Hey look, he could be Tony! Well, if he had blond hair, I dunno, his face reminds me of Tony's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't stop smiling and giggling during Noah and Nocholas' part. They're so cute together! (Okay hot together) Why are your sims so damn smexy? It really isn't fair...

    Oh right. Glad Tamara and Jarvis worked things out. The "You hate me! And my fish!" was a line I was going to use in the make-up fight between Serenity and Neal before cropping it for length.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Loriann Omg! That's who he looks like! When Noah aged up i was like, he looks like someone, but who!? It's Tony, god, toss some blonde hair on him and he is. See, now i gotta go see what he would have looked like with blonde hair lol.

    @Cece Hot and cute is a good combination lol, and i've no idea why the breeding ground for the boys in town is so good, cause there are a shit load of female sims that are just so very very sad to look at lol. I've been lucky with my heirs and their families being good looking, but this is only the second gen, no doubt there will be a less than purdy looking one eventually.

    "You hate me and my fish!" Is a good line, see, great minds think alike... or was that crazy minds, meh either works ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I was hoping for a gay fairy to turn up, just so you could make a fairy joke.
    Awesome update, very very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cece: Well now you can't ever use that line because you KILLED NEAL. (I'm still sad, can't you tell?

    This is going to be one colorful story, I can tell!! I love the idea of having Fay in the world, very fun!! I will have to remember that it can be fun to play around with the spares, not just ignore them... =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Blindingechoes Yep, I was sitting there staring at him going...I need to figure out his genetics so that if I ever make Tony and Frankie, I can steal Noah as a template cause Damn he is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Redhead Creations: Gosh if you love him so much why don't you marry him? :P (Or just ask me to upload him to the forums and have him marry a self-sim.)

    Besides, he'll be back sooner or later as a ghost.

    I would ask for Nicholas for my legacy (I want to include "odd" people later on) but I don't think it would work on my legacy without major CC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, a wedding, can i be invited? Lol.
    Actually Cece since Nicholas was born in game, he doesn't have a ton of CC with him. I mean hair, clothes and the like can change to whatever you'd wish, his clothes are from the Sims Store anyway, nothing hugely original.

    The only two important bits of CC you'd need is his metallic skin which can be found on MTS and his wings came from Sims Cave, although i have more than one set of wings in my game, his parents don't have wings like his, so really any wings work, or no wings, whatever floats your boat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But but... the wings MAKE him who he is! D :

    (Why can't I stop reading this chapter? Sorry I'm stacking your stats so much. ><)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very true, they do make him. Just like they make his three bratty little siblings who are running around with wings as well. I have ones that work for all ages, well minus the worm in a blanket phase, his family is baby crazy Nicholas is currently the eldest of four and his mum and dad are expecting more. I think they're trying to populate the entire town with winged faeries lol.

    And bah, no worries, i don't pay any attention to the blog stats :D

    ReplyDelete